[OS X TeX] pdflatexmk

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Aug 1 23:09:05 EDT 2009

On Aug 1, 2009, at 8:01 PM, Michael Kubovy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using pdflatexmk
>
> My root file is NSF.tex
>
> I use \includeonly{} and \include{} commands (but the following
> happens with a series of \input{} commands as well):
>
> When I change one of the non-root files and try to compile it,
> TexShop (or is it pdflatexmk or Latexmk?) doesn't recognize that the
> non-root file has changed, and I get
> Latexmk: This is Latexmk, John Collins, 23 June 2009, version: 4.08.
> **** Report bugs etc to John Collins <collins at phys.psu.edu>. ****
> Latexmk: All targets (NSF.pdf) are up-to-date
>
> If I change anything in the root file, it works fine:
>
> Latexmk: This is Latexmk, John Collins, 23 June 2009, version: 4.08.
> **** Report bugs etc to John Collins <collins at phys.psu.edu>. ****
> Rule 'pdflatex': File changes, etc:
>   Changed files, or newly in use since previous run(s):
>      'NSF.tex'
> ------------
> Run number 1 of rule 'pdflatex'
> ------------
> ------------
> Running 'pdflatex --shell-escape --synctex=1  "NSF.tex"'
> ------------
> Latexmk: applying rule 'pdflatex'...
>
> Any suggestions (with cc to my email) much appreciated.
> _____________________________
> Professor Michael Kubovy

Howdy,

This is certainly not what I have experienced with a distributed
document I use for testing pdflatexmk. Could you create a minimal but
complete and compilable group of files that shows this behavior? That
would be the best way for me to try to figure out what is happening in
that case.

Could you also try to clean out all the files and run from scratch,
change one of the included files and try to compile again. Is it
possible that the file you changes is not in the includeonly list from
the last run?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)