[OS X TeX] pdflatexmk

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Sat Aug 1 21:01:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using pdflatexmk

My root file is NSF.tex

I use \includeonly{} and \include{} commands (but the following
happens with a series of \input{} commands as well):

When I change one of the non-root files and try to compile it, TexShop
(or is it pdflatexmk or Latexmk?) doesn't recognize that the non-root
file has changed, and I get
Latexmk: This is Latexmk, John Collins, 23 June 2009, version: 4.08.
**** Report bugs etc to John Collins <collins at phys.psu.edu>. ****
Latexmk: All targets (NSF.pdf) are up-to-date

If I change anything in the root file, it works fine:

Latexmk: This is Latexmk, John Collins, 23 June 2009, version: 4.08.
**** Report bugs etc to John Collins <collins at phys.psu.edu>. ****
Rule 'pdflatex': File changes, etc:
    Changed files, or newly in use since previous run(s):
       'NSF.tex'
------------
Run number 1 of rule 'pdflatex'
------------
------------
Running 'pdflatex --shell-escape --synctex=1  "NSF.tex"'
------------
Latexmk: applying rule 'pdflatex'...

Any suggestions (with cc to my email) much appreciated.
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
       McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/