[OS X TeX] outline

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 12:52:41 EDT 2009

> Thanks. I have used the memoir class in the past. I tried to do it
> with an ams class, by using comment.sty to omit all proofs, but
> don't know what I am doing, and maybe comment.sty is not the thing
> to use.
>
> Wayne

Here is a minimal example:

\documentclass{memoir}
\begin{document}

\newcomment{myproof}  %defines ''myproof'' as an environment that can
be switched on or off; you may define several newcomment environemnts
in the same document

\commentsoff{myproof} %Use if you want the text in myproof to be
included in the output
\begin{myproof}
This proof will be included in the output
\end{myproof}

\commentson{myproof}% %Use if you want the text myproof to be omitted

\begin{myproof}
This text will be omitted
\end{myproof}

\commentsoff{myproof} % you can go back and forth in the same document
\begin{myproof}
This proof will also be included in the output
\end{myproof}

\end{document}