[OS X TeX] Long line in \description environment

Manuel libros at limay.de
Sun Aug 23 15:15:19 EDT 2009

Am 23/08/2009 um 18:33 schrieb Alan Munn:

> At 4:50 PM +0200 8/23/09, Manuel wrote:
>> Good morning. I am working on a document with this [2 column] format:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> The solution poposed by Themis does work (see Re: "line break
>> within \item of \description"):
>>
>> \begin{description}
>>
>> \item[] \textbf{Asociación Castellano Leonesa de Afectados de
>> Retinosis Pigmentaria} ...further information...
>>
>> item[] \textbf{Asociación de Padres de Sordociegos de España
>> (APASCIDE) Barcelona} ...further information...
>>
>> \end{description}
>>
>> but since it is only one item which causes the problem here, the
>> different indentation stands out and the second line looks even
>> worse.
>
> I'm not entirely sure what the problem is here. Is it that the fake
> item label that you create starts one space off?  If so, just make
> the label \hspace{-1em}:
>
> item[\hspace{-1em}] \textbf{Asociación de Padres de Sordociegos de
> España (APASCIDE) Barcelona} ...further information...
>
> If that's not the problem, then what do you mean by different
> indentation?
>
> Alan

\hspace{-1em} does the trick for the first line of the item, but the
second line begins in the same column as the following text instead
of in a column with the first line, as well as too far down. So I tried

\item[\hspace{-1em}] \textbf{Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,}

\vspace{-0.5em}\hspace{-2em}\textbf{consectetur adipisicing eli.}

which produced the desired result. Thank you very much for your help,
Alan!

Manuel