[OS X TeX] TeXLive and Snow Leopard (TeX-distribution preference pane)

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Thu Aug 27 08:31:45 EDT 2009

Hi Jean-Claude,

thanks for the information. Is the preference-pane available on its
own somewhere? I donot want to download the whole huge TL2009(yet)
since  I want to install TeXLive2009 when it is out of beta. Currently
I am happily running TeXLive 2008 but will/want/crave to install Snow
Leopard soonest.

TLU indeed rocks (thanks Adam), though there is nothing to update
currently (fine)

regards, Rolf

Am 27.08.2009 um 12:53 schrieb Jean-Claude DE SOZA:

> Le 27 août 09 à 12:13, Rolf Schmolling a écrit :
>
>> according to MacWorld (http://www.macworld.com/article/142423-2/2009/08/snow_leopard_review.html
>> ) non-64-bit preference-panes (like the TeX-distribution-preference-
>> pane) force a re-opening of System-Preferences-App in 32-bit every
>> time one wants to open that particular pref-item. Workaround is
>> running System Preferences in 32-bit only.
>>
>> Is there a 64-bit version of TeX-Distribution-Pref-item around or
>> in the make?
>
> Bonjour Rolf,
>
> If you download the MacTeX-2009 (see previous posts from Richard
> Koch) and install it for testing, you'll find that the
> PreferencePane Distribution TeX is already 64 bits.
> I am testing TeXLive 2009 since one month and thanks to the TeX Live
> Utility from Adam Maxwell (version 0.74), you can update the TeX
> engine almost every day and I had no problem.
> I can also tell you that MacTeX-2009 has no problem when installed
> on Snow Leopard.
>
> Jean-Claude DE SOZA
> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/