[OS X TeX] TeX on Snow Leopard

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Sun Aug 30 15:56:18 EDT 2009

Le 30 août 2009 à 21:06, Peter Vamos a écrit :

<snip>

> Back to typesetting several other files, no problem even Tikz
> function plotting calling on GnuPlot worked (Mac 2). I did notice
> one thing though: lots more  LaTeX commands were underlined in red
> in the input file by the spellchecker than I remembered. [ TeXShop->
> Prefs-> Source check Spelling ticked, TeXShop->Edit Check spelling
> while typing checked.] A comparison with Mac 3 on the same file
> confirmed this. In fact most of the commands are now underlined
> (exceptions: \begin \end \item ..). Mac 1 was running CoCoAspell
> before SL but not Mac 2. The pref pane is still there and working on
> Mac 1 but CoCoAspell itself seems to be broken, checked in
> TexEdit.Now both Macs 1 and 2 seems to be the same, unsatisfactory
> state as far as TeX spellchecking is concerned. Can anyone else
> confirm this and/or offer an explanation?

<snap>

Have you checked the following: In the "Language & Text" (system)
preference pane, Text tab, do you have "Automatic by Language"
selected in the spelling popup? I discovered that changing it to a
specific language (something like "English (Aspell)" solves your issue.

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)