[OS X TeX] Re: Font Help

R Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Wed Dec 16 00:43:10 EST 2009

Thanks Herbert and Michael for the advice. The suggestions worked
perfectly.

I still have one question, however: In which directory are all the
fonts stored?

Thanks again.

Raul

On Dec 14, 2009, at 9:54 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2009, at 8:21 AM, R Martinez wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I want to use the Calligraphic font for some characters in my
>> document. For example, I want to typeset the letter G in the
>> Calligraphic font.
>>
>> But I can't tell if the Calligraphic font is part of the MacTeX
>> package. (I have installed TexLive2009.) Peter Flynn's typeface
>> sampler in http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/fontsampler/sampler.pdf
>>  appears to imply that Calligraphic is included in the TeXLive
>> distribution.
>>
>> The MacTeX distribution documentation states that the package
>> includes many fonts, but all I can find are the Latin Modern and
>> TeXGyre fonts. Where are the others?
>>
>> I will appreciate any help on this matter. If Calligraphic is not
>> included in the MacTeX distribution, I will especially appreciate
>> advice on how to obtain it and install it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Raul Martinez
>
> Howdy,
>
> Try
>
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{calligra}
>
> and then \textcalligra{Some Calligraphic Text} for short batches of
> calligraphic text and the command \calligra changes over to the
> calligraphic font (pace it inside a group to limit the effect).
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

[NB: The following is from Michael Sharpe]

It depends on whether you want to use a calligraphic font as a text
font, or just need for additional math symbols. In the latter case,
\usepackage{mathrsfs} gives you the rsfs fonts, invoked with \mathscr
rather than \mathcal. If you were looking for text fonts, check out
the possibilities at

http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/calligraphicalfonts.html