[OS X TeX] NASA, Word, TeX and PowerPoint

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 15:35:58 EST 2009

On Feb 4, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Rene Borgella wrote:

> 1) presentations should focus on Visuals, NOT text

Particularly as 99.99% of the presenters cannot help but read the text.

I always wanted, but never dared, to raise my hand, and say the
obvious:": :Excuse me, but, even before I was in first grade, I could
already read."

> 4)  Tufte argues that we are asking too much of our audiences if we
> want them to listen to us, read the text, and look at the visuals
> simultaneously, all while thinking about the ideas we are presenting

Absolutely! I am writing the magnum opus in such a way that students
don't have to take notes. Well, they have been so well trained that
it is quite a battle to get them not to take notes. I think they feel
naked.

Regards
--schremmer

P.S. Do you recall which book that last argument comes from?