[OS X TeX] Lucida again

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Feb 11 11:59:38 EST 2009

On Feb 11, 2009, at 9:51 AM, George Gratzer wrote:

> I had to reinstall the system, so of course, MacTeX was wiped out,
> along with texmf-local, which contained my Lucida installation with
> a special container for the sweat it required.
>
> I have a clone of my system that has the texmf-local with Lucida. I
> copied it over, ran the two Terminal commands, but I still get the
> message
>
> No file LMRhlcm.fd.
>
> ! LaTeX Error: This NFSS system isn't set up properly.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> GG
> P.S. Is there any place we could put Lucida so it does not get wiped
> out? G.

Howdy,

Did you run

sudo mktexlsr

after putting texmf-local back?

What is going on that you keep on having to re-install your system?

You really need to get an external HD and use it to make a bootable
clone of your internal HD using something like SuperDuper! (wonderful
program). Once you have a bootable clone (which you update every once
in a while --- while the initial copy takes quite a while the update
doesn't take very long) you can boot from it (hold the Opt key when
you boot until you see a list of bootable HDs), format the internal HD
and the run SuperDuper! back the other way.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)