[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.6

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 11 08:48:46 EST 2009

On Jan 11, 2009, at 12:14 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> TeX Live Utility 0.6 is now available via the built-in updater or
> download from the home page:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/mactlmgr
>
> This version has a number of rewrites and some code cleanup that
> should make future maintenance easier, along with a batch of bug
> fixes and some new features; please see the release notes for
> details.  It's probable that a few new bugs crept in during this
> process, so let me know if you have problems.
>
> The only feature I'll mention here is that texdoc is now used to
> display documentation links and a proxy icon in the Info inspector.
> Slower than using Terminal, but some might find it useful.

Howdy,

Seems to work considerably faster than before. Part of it may be that
the server is faster this early in the morning but scrolling and all
actions seem to be faster. I see that the server listed in the status
bar is now an active link. That's very nice since it will make it easy
to see if you've got an active link. Thanks!

Where are the Release Notes?

Finally, something that happened to occur with 0.5. I was trying to
get some information about setting up the server in preferences for
someone (now you see why I appreciate the active link for the server
in 0.6) and the server was very slow. I opened the preference window,
got the information I needed and tried to close it but it seemed to
lock up. All this time the server wasn't responding. I assume that
this lock up will time out after a while but it was a bit confounding.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)