[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.6

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Jan 11 09:33:51 EST 2009

On Jan 11, 2009, at 7:48 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2009, at 12:14 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>
>> TeX Live Utility 0.6 is now available via the built-in updater or
>> download from the home page:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/mactlmgr
>>
>> This version has a number of rewrites and some code cleanup that
>> should make future maintenance easier, along with a batch of bug
>> fixes and some new features; please see the release notes for
>> details.  It's probable that a few new bugs crept in during this
>> process, so let me know if you have problems.
>>
>> The only feature I'll mention here is that texdoc is now used to
>> display documentation links and a proxy icon in the Info
>> inspector.  Slower than using Terminal, but some might find it
>> useful.
>
> Howdy,
>
> Seems to work considerably faster than before. Part of it may be
> that the server is faster this early in the morning but scrolling
> and all actions seem to be faster. I see that the server listed in
> the status bar is now an active link. That's very nice since it will
> make it easy to see if you've got an active link. Thanks!
>
> Where are the Release Notes?

Hmmm...guess you can't get those easily without updating with Sparkle,
but this will display as an RSS feed:

http://mactlmgr.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/appcast/tlu_appcast.xml

[...]

> I opened the preference window, got the information I needed and
> tried to close it but it seemed to lock up. All this time the server
> wasn't responding. I assume that this lock up will time out after a
> while but it was a bit confounding.

Yeah, it will time out after 30 seconds if the server isn't
responding.  Maybe I should use a shorter timeout, but the point is to
provide some feedback if the URL is entered incorrectly.  Most people
should just use mirror.ctan.org.

thanks,
Adam