[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.6

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 11 09:42:54 EST 2009

On Jan 11, 2009, at 8:33 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

>> I opened the preference window, got the information I needed and
>> tried to close it but it seemed to lock up. All this time the
>> server wasn't responding. I assume that this lock up will time out
>> after a while but it was a bit confounding.
>
> Yeah, it will time out after 30 seconds if the server isn't
> responding.  Maybe I should use a shorter timeout, but the point is
> to provide some feedback if the URL is entered incorrectly.  Most
> people should just use mirror.ctan.org.
>
> thanks,
> Adam

Howdy,

Good to know that, I was a bit impatient and 30s isn't all that long.
I just didn't expect that closing the preference window would get
caught up in that.

How about Cmd-U for Update Selected Packages and Shift-Cmd-U for
Update All Packages? I've set those via System Preferences->Keyboard &
Mouse->Keyboard Shortcuts and they seem to work smoothly.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)