[OS X TeX] old Apple end-of-lines

Michael Hanson mshanson at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 10:10:58 EST 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 9:49 AM, André Bellaïche wrote:

> Does anybody know if there exists a Unix program that transform
> Unix or Mac OS X end-of-lines to old Apple end-of-lines ?

	Simplest might be to use BBEdit (or its smaller free sibling,
TextWrangler) to batch replace \n (line feeds -- current Mac OS X and
Unix) with \r (carriage returns -- "old Apple" e.g. Mac OS 9).
BBEdit/TW allow you to to undertake the replace across a large set of
files (based on various criteria so you only replace on the files you
need) -- all without having to open all the files first.

	For a "Unix" solution, see this (old) discussion on MacOSXHints:
<http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20001206164827794>.  As
is typical for Unix, there are at least a half-dozen different ways
to complete this task.

	Another option (unused by me) would be "Linebreak Convert X":
<http://maccrafters.com/lbc/>

	All of these were found in under a minute with Google....

HTH,
Mike