[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.20: default application, icons etc.

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Wed Jan 28 18:41:49 EST 2009

I also lost all settings to default to TeXShop for file types. (In my
case, they have been assigned to another application.)

In Finder, I do this:
- open info for selected .tex file
- attempt to change "open with..." application

Oddly, TeXShop is no longer listed as a choice. I can still choose it
by using "other..." but it struck me as strange that it wasn't listed.

After setting TeXShop as the default choice, I get blank icons.

This is not occurring for all file types. I'm seeing the switch from
TeXShop for some (e.g. .tex, .etx, .mtx, .ist, .bst, .dtx, .ins but the
last three did list TS as a choice, etc.) but not others (.sty, .enc,
.pdf, .cfg, .cls, .bib etc.)

Not sure this is useful information so I won't try to provide complete
lists. Seems odd, though.

- cfr