[OS X TeX] First tries with PSTricks

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Fri Jan 30 02:54:34 EST 2009

Le 30 janv. 09 à 03:49, Gary Church a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I've used PSTricks but have switched to using pgf/tikz (http://www.texample.net/tikz/examples/
> ). It does what I want more easily than PSTricks and seems more
> intuitive to me. I think PSTricks may be more powerful in that it
> can do things that pgf/tikz can't but I don't usually need the power
> and prefer the relative simplicity.
>
> Take care,
> Gary
>
> On Jan 29, 2009, at 10:15 AM, Scott, Randy wrote:

I agree, but Tikz/pgf has alas an enormous drawback (for me): it is
unable to handle Bézier curves correctly (one has to indicate the
control points at each point of a curve, to allow a smooth
interpolation curve to be drawed through these points). Unless it has
changed recently?

Because of this problem, I still use MetaPost, mainly via the mfpic
package, and sometimes directly. The Asymptote program is also a very
good alternative, more powerful yet than MetaPost (though less
intuitive in my opinion)