[OS X TeX] OT: Novice needs your help in latex2html and latex2rtf

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Fri Jul 10 22:49:59 EDT 2009

Am 10.07.2009 um 21:12 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> Back on 21.11.2005, Dyballa made a number of recommendations. I am
> wondering to what extent they would still hold today.
>
> More generally, does anyone have any recommendation regarding LaTeX ––
>> HTML?
>
> By now I can do it but very, very clumsily both with SimpleTeX4ht
> which is easy to use but does not work very well and OzTTH that works
> relatively better. But, in general, the mathematics are non-existent
> and figures are essentially ignored.

Hallo Alain,

I am a happy user of tex4ht. No C compilation needed, it is included
in mactex (texlive2008). What's the problem using it? What might be
necessary is to use it not with SimpleTeX4ht but with a so-called
configuration file. I could explain that a bit further, if you are
interested. You could also send me a small file the typesets ok in
pdflatex and you need a html version and I can check whether it works
here.

Daniel