[OS X TeX] OT: Novice needs your help in latex2html and latex2rtf

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 00:37:36 EDT 2009

On Jul 10, 2009, at 10:49 PM, Daniel Becker wrote:

> Am 10.07.2009 um 21:12 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> Back on 21.11.2005, Dyballa made a number of recommendations. I am
>> wondering to what extent they would still hold today.
>>
>> More generally, does anyone have any recommendation regarding
>> LaTeX ––
>>> HTML?
>>
>> By now I can do it but very, very clumsily both with SimpleTeX4ht
>> which is easy to use but does not work very well and OzTTH that works
>> relatively better. But, in general, the mathematics are non-existent
>> and figures are essentially ignored.
>
> Hallo Alain,
>
> I am a happy user of tex4ht. No C compilation needed, it is
> included in mactex (texlive2008). What's the problem using it? What
> might be necessary is to use it not with SimpleTeX4ht but with a so-
> called configuration file. I could explain that a bit further, if
> you are interested. You could also send me a small file the
> typesets ok in pdflatex and you need a html version and I can check
> whether it works here.

Before anything else, I wish to apologize to Koch: My Post Scriptum
was very badly worded and I should have written the following instead:

>  In this day and age, it would be really nice if something
> reasonable were part of MacTeX.

No excuse.

I did check MacTeX' What's in the package first, but of course didn't
check deeper into TeXLive even though it was the last item in the
list of five.

I will be leaving in a few hours for my weekly spell of real
construction and be back Monday and I will then download TeXLive and
see. But I am confident that everything will work. If not, I will
avail myself of your kind offer.

A pleasant weekend to all
--schremmer