[OS X TeX] Initials - fonts

George Ghio gghi at bordernet.com.au
Tue Jul 14 20:29:38 EDT 2009

Ah, I didn't. The installation was from Texlive08.
Let's make no bones about it, I use TeX but am a fair ways from
understanding it. I can find some of the files but it is hit and miss.
I really just don't understand the structure.

Library/TeX/TeXmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/initials.

Library/TeX/TeXmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/initials.

It always seems that the person who writes the documentation assumes
that the reader already knows as much as the author. (Sigh) Such is
life.

As far as I understand it I did a full install. I suppose the first
step is "Where should the files be?"

Any help is gratefully accepted.

George