[OS X TeX] Bibtex and Bibtex8

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Fri Jul 24 15:58:30 EDT 2009

At 8:44 PM +0200 7/24/09, Claus Gerhardt wrote:
>On Jul 24, 2009, at 19:27, Alan Munn wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I'd like to use bibtex8 instead of bibtex for my default bibtexing
>>(i.e. using command-shift-B).  I know I can make a separate engine
>>to do the bibtexing, but is there a way to cause that engine to be
>>used when the command-shift-B command is given in TexShop?
>>
>>I tried just changing the bibtexc script in ~/Library/TeXShop/bin,
>>but that didn't have any effect, so I assume that it is only called
>>when the Claus G. macro "bibtexc" is called from the macros menu.
>>
>These scripts and shell scripts of mine are old relics which are no
>longer maintained - nowadays ~/Library/Flashmode/bin is my default
>reference for my shell scripts.

Thanks Claus, for your suggestions.

I don't have Flashmode installed, so I don't have such a folder?  I
don't really need its functionality, so I'd rather not install it.

>I suggest to modify the shell scripts and bibtexc to your liking
>adding your preferred short-cut key to it.

I guess the problem is that there's no way to use command-shift-B (as
opposed to some other short-cut) since that's built-in to TeXShop.  I
was hoping to change the script that TeXShop actually uses, but that
doesn't seem to be possible.  I guess I can relearn a new command key.

This is one of my pet peeves about TeXShop, which is otherwise
fantastic: it doesn't seem to allow you to reassign anything to any
key, since a lot of the good key combinations are fixed and used by
TeXShop with no way (AFAIK) to reassign them.

Alan

Alan Munn						amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages		Tel.
	517-355-7491
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824 USA	Fax	517-432-2736