[OS X TeX] Hypenation problem

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Thu Jun 4 08:02:49 EDT 2009

Le 4 juin 09 à 13:42, BenBehr a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with a Paragraph where Latex does not know how to
> split most of the words. As a result the text does not apear as a
> block anymore. Is there a way to let Latex know where it is allowed
> to split these words? I Tried to just put something like "Bus-
> Fahrer" which dose work, but if for some reasen the word is not at
> the end of the line the "-" will still show.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Ben
> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Bus\-Fahrer

or put in the preamble

\hyphenation{Bus-Fahrer con-train-tes ré-so-lu-tion}%

By the way, in which language do you write? If not in English, you
should use a font with the T1 encoding instead of Computer Modern, in
order to have the proper line breaks. For example, the Latin Modern
fonts:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}

and of course, use the appropriate option of babel:

\usepackage[german]{babel}%if you write in German

HTH

Franck Pastor