[OS X TeX] equation numbering question

Maher Said maher.said at yale.edu
Wed Mar 11 12:07:00 EDT 2009

Hello everyone...

I have a question about equation numbering in the amsbook class that
has been bothering me for a few days, and was hoping someone might
have the expertise or experience to help me out... I know that the
standard behavior for amsbook is to put equation numbers on the left,
and that the "reqno" option puts them on the right. However, what I
would like is to be able to have the numbers displayed by the *outer*
margin (on right for odd-numbered pages and on the left for even-
numbered pages)... Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Maher

Maher Said
Ph.D. Candidate