[OS X TeX] LaTeX to Word

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Thu Mar 19 12:58:46 EDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 11:44 AM, George Gratzer wrote:

> I wrote an article in LaTeX on chess compositions, and the chess
> magazine wants it in Word. I converted using Adobe Acrobat, awful.
>
> Is there a better way, preferably on a Mac?

Try all that apply:
http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php?title=Converters

Some require compilation/command line usage. Some users have reported
using htlatex then importing the html to word.

Importing to LyX and exporting to rtf (then loading into word) can
sometimes work as well.

I don't think you can possibly end up satisfied so much as just
getting a large step in the right direction with formatting issues to
deal with. However, you get those with word anyways.
Joe