[OS X TeX] Lucida installation - once again

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Thu Mar 26 16:18:04 EDT 2009

I am about to install the Lucida font package on a new iMac. I'm
thinking of two options.

Option A. (which I did on my old iMac)
1. Unzip lucida-complete.zip in ~/Library/texmf/
2. Run:
      sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

I believe that if I install Lucida this way, I need to uncheck
"Install updates for all users" in the TeX Live Utility preferences.

Option B. (which I am inclined to do this time)
1. Unzip lucida-complete.zip in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/
2. Run:
      sudo mktexlsr
      sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

I just want to check. Is option B correct?

Regards,

Vic