[OS X TeX] pst-pdf

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun May 3 12:21:43 EDT 2009

On May 3, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Doris Wagner wrote:

> hi list,
>
> I try to use pst-pdf, but it doesn't work.
>
> Here is the code with the packages I need:
>
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{pdfpages}
> \usepackage{pst-pdf}
> \usepackage{pstricks}
> \usepackage{pst-plot}
> \usepackage{pstricks-add}
> \begin{document}
> test
> \begin{pspicture}(10,10)
> \psdot(5,5)
> \end{pspicture}
> \end{document}
>

> Here is the terminal-output, after typing >>pdflatex file.tex<<
> (filename=pst-pdf-minimal.tex) into the command line:

You need to run latex on the file, then run the post-processor and
finally pdflatex. If you have MacTeX 2008 try using the auto-pst-pdf
package which does the job via --shell-escape.

If you are using TeXshop try using the pst-pdfmk engine which takes
care of the processing steps for you. If you haven't enabled the
latexmk engines simply move the engine files in ~/Library/TeXShop/
Engines/Inactive/Latexmk/ (see the documentation there too) two
directories up, ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)