[OS X TeX] A matter of degree (C or F)

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Thu May 28 13:00:24 EDT 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 12:15 PM, David Watson wrote:

> If you were to use the SIunits package, you would use
> \degreecelsius or \degree
> or you could type shift-apple-8, if you absolutely had to.
>
> On May 28, 2009, at 11:08 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> What is the command to get the "degree sign" as in
>>
>> 37°C

Indeed and this was already mentioned by Barkow in the Celsius thread
that Maxwell pointed me to . . .  that I had started!

However, all I wanted was a shorthand for the (rational) degree of a
rational function as in Degree > 1, Degree < 0, etc to make it fit
the chapter headings.

Grateful regards
--schremmer