[OS X TeX] Advise needed for transition from PC to Mac

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Sat Oct 3 03:01:08 EDT 2009

Le 3 oct. 2009 à 07:08, Gilberto a écrit :

>>> Is the editor as versatile and configurable as Winedt with a macro
>>> writing capability?
>>
>> I use GNU Emacs... Free software for another great free software.
>

> i use Aquamacs Emacs (based on GNU Emacs) and just love the macro
> functionality and the AUCTeX in it which makes it a great tool for
> writing LaTeX documents

Hi

Ok Aquamacs Emacs and GNU Emacs are free but ... I prefer TextMate
(39$ you can try it during one month)
that is a really cocoa software with a great interface. It's possible
to work
with  keyboard shortcuts or with the mouse.

You can script with ruby,python or the shell ( not elisp ouf !...)

TextMate like Vi or Emacs ca be used with the Terminal. TextMate works
by default
  with utf8. It's a modern Emacs !! (Sorry  I don't understand
  how to use Emacs with only two hands and ten fingers)

Best Regards

Alain Matthes