[OS X TeX] Per-folder project root

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:16:00 EDT 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I guess I don't really understand what you're trying to accomplish.
> What do you mean by a ``project root folder''? It almost sound like
> you have a particular file that contains definitions that are used
> by the other files. If that is the case why not just make the file
> containing the definitions generic (no documentclass, etc.) and just
> \input it into the other files. A bit more sophisticated is to
> create your own package, put it somewhere in ~/Library/texmf/tex/
> latex/ (where ~ is you HOME directory) and then just \usepackage in
> each file to include the definitions. That way each document is
> completely separate.

You should read about project root files in texshop help; they're
something different.

In regards to Themis' suggestion to use the %!TEX syntax, I'd
forgotten about that. I guess I don't like to clutter up my files with
front-end specific information. I'd rather do things through the front
end itself (which is why I use the "Set Project Root" menu item). I'd
just like to be able to set the project root for every file in a given
folder with a single setting.

Chris