[OS X TeX] Why does this hang so = [OT] electronic books

Lee Witt leedwitt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 20:27:15 EDT 2009

The cost of texts is a major issue for students at my school. It is
almost impossible for us to get used copies (I'm not sure why) so new
editions mean students buy new. I hauled out one of my undergrad texts
- for a 3 semester sequence for physics majors: I paid under $20 for
it in 1975. It is distressing to see students paying more for a
college algebra text than I paid for books in grad school.
So, like others, I wonder about the reason(s) for the high cost of texts.

--
Sent from my mobile device