[OS X TeX] MUST zap aux files

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 21:21:41 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Ross Moore <ross at ics.mq.edu.au> wrote:

> Ergo, abort, kill the .aux  file and try again.
>
> Of course you may still need to fix whatever it was that
> caused the .aux  to get corrupted.
> The 1st run after killing the  .aux  probably succeeds,
> but with messages about unresolved references, etc.
> It'll be the 2nd run of LaTeX where you'll find out whether
> the problem has been fixed or not.

I am not sure what TeXShop does as asked to remove .aux files in two
following situations and I am too lazy to check:

1) One runs master.tex with

\includeonly{parttwo}

in preamble and with

\include{partone}
\include{partwo}

in the body. Would it kill master.aux and parttwo.aux only or it will kill
also partone.aux ?
If I recall correctly  it would leave partone.aux intact so one would not
need to comment out \includeonly and reconstruct partone.aux

2) Some packages create other .aux like files (.toc, .nav, ... ) and I am
not sure if those are removed as well

BTW, one almost sure way to run in this problem is to add or comment out
 \usepackage{hyperref} as with or without hyperref .aux files look
different.

Victor