[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT Services broken in Snow Leopard

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at att.net
Mon Sep 7 18:58:10 EDT 2009

It appears that LaTeXiT Services are broken in Snow Leopard. It now
shows No Services.

In the console I see:

9/7/09 7:18:02 AM	pbs[185]	Malformed Services entries in Info.plist
for Service at URL /Applications/LaTeX/LaTeXApps/LaTeXiT.app
	The value for key NSTimeOut was supposed to be of type NSString, but
instead it was of type NSNumber

This is repeated for a total of 6 times for all six services. Can this
be fixed be just altering the 6 occurrences in the plist from

<key>NSTimeOut</key>
<integer>30000</integer>

to  <key>NSTimeOut</key>
    <string>????</string>

I am also seeing

9/7/09 8:07:30 AM	LaTeXiT[243]	*** WARNING: Method
selectRow:byExtendingSelection: in class NSTableView is deprecated. It
will be removed in a future release and should no longer be used.

I don't use LaTeXiT very often, but I don't like seeing these messages
in my Console at startup and I'm sure that people who do use it often
would like to have the services available.

Tom Rike