[OS X TeX] TeXShop feature: showkeys

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 8 08:39:48 EDT 2009

On Sep 8, 2009, at 7:11 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 08.09.2009 um 13:46 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> Can't you use synctex to do a similar thing? Command-click the
>> equation number in the pdf and it will take you (close?) to the
>> label in the proper place in the source.
>
> I think David does not want to change the draft option of showkeys
> to final and re-run LaTeX, potentially having new line, paragraph,
> and page breaks, he'd like the target address just to pop up as for
> example Skim does when the mouse cursor comes close to the
> hyperlink...
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

I assume you don't mean hyperlink literally; just an example of how he
expects things to look but it should show the associated label.

The problem is that by the time the pdf is produced there is no
``knowledge'' of the original label so you can't pick that up from the
pdf itself unless you use some package that creates the ``tool tips''
itself.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)