[OS X TeX] TeXShop feature: showkeys

david craig dac at panix.com
Tue Sep 8 16:37:58 EDT 2009

> Can't you use synctex to do a similar thing? Command-click the
> equation number in the pdf and it will take you (close?) to the label
> in the proper place in the source.

First, I use an external editor (Alpha).

Second, while cute (and doubtless useful), that isn't really what I want
to do.  I usually want to see the labels for things while I'm working
ELSEWHERE in the source.

> I think David does not want to change the draft option of showkeys to
> final and re-run LaTeX, potentially having new line, paragraph, and
> page breaks

Also correct.   Basically, I guess the idea would be a "phantom
showkeys" package that would run in the background, creating the
tooltips for the previewer to use, but not insert them into the
document.   Not something I have the expertise to achieve.

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>