[OS X TeX] Chicago-notes-df

Mervyn Thomas mervyn.thomas at emphron.com
Sat Apr 3 03:38:12 EDT 2010

Hi
I am using  Texlive 2009, and get errors as soon as I load "chicago-notes-df"

Here is my preamble

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage{times}
\usepackage{rotating}
\usepackage{lscape}
\usepackage{tabularx}
\usepackage{flafter}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\linespread{1.5}
\author{Mervyn Thomas}
\title{Marcion}
\date{April 2010}
\usepackage[style=chicago-notes-df]{biblatex}
\defbibheading{bibliography}{\section*{Works Cited}}
\bibliography{/Users/mervyn/WorkingCopy/LatexTemplates/Moltmann.bib}
\begin{document}

The following error appears in the log
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009)
 \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./marcion1.tex
LaTeX2e <2009/09/24>

<SNIP>

<\SNIP>

(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/biblatex-chicago-notes-df/chicago
-notes-df.bbx

! LaTeX Error: Command \abx at macro@byothers already defined.
               Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

I am doing some humanities courses, and they insist on Chicago
footnote reference style :(

Sorry if this has a well known solution, I have searched the wiki and
all the documentation I could find.

I have used Latex for a while, but I am absolutely incompetent at
hacking the installation!\

I would be very grateful for any help!
Thanks
Mervyn