[OS X TeX] Optimal Solution for an asymptotemk engine

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Apr 11 11:59:45 EDT 2010

Am 11.04.2010 um 14:43 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> I'd guess the pdftex runs have something to do with creating the
> final pdf files since it must be producing a latex file of some sort
> as an intermediate state given that you can tell asymptote about
> necessary latex commands you wish to be embedded. On the other
> hand... I know nothing about the internal operation of asy.

Run asy with the -k command line option! This will make it *keep* all
intermediate files. And some of them *are* TEX files...

The LLVM-GCC 4.2 gives a lot of errors. A little bit of optimisation (-
O1) and two C++ source files do not compile (util.cc, settings.cc).
And a fault with the Boehm Garbage Collector library exists, which
also be caused by my LDFLAGS settings.

At least I could produce some MB of output running asy under dtruss
"guidance..."

The files which yesterday a 'sudo make install' installed inside TeX
Live were installed outside, were installed inside the local tree in:

/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/asymptote
({asymptote|ocg|asycolors}.sty)
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/context/third/asymptote  (colo-
asy.tex)

And the ls-R files were updated. Not that bad!

--
Greetings

   Pete

If all else fails read the instructions.
				- Donald Knuth