[OS X TeX] compressing files az .zip

Vincent Verfaille vvvvlists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 10:47:12 EDT 2010

Hi Vafa,

To produce a .tar.gz file, you may also use the following Terminal
commands:
_____________
#!/bin/sh

MYARCHIVE=package   #-- change it for the folder name of your package

#-- ensure you do not copy and ._* files generated by MacOsX (for HFS)
export COPY_EXTENDED_ATTRIBUTES_DISABLE=true

#-- do the archive + compressing itself
tar -cvf ${MYARCHIVE}.tar --exclude *.DS_Store ${MYARCHIVE}
gzip ${MYARCHIVE}

To use this script, save the text between horizontal lines as
'tarpackage.sh', and then type in the Terminal:
chmod +x tarpackage.sh   # add execute mode
./tarpackage.sh  # execute the script
That's what I am using and it did the trick...

best,

Vincent