[OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Aug 4 18:05:40 EDT 2010

Am 04.08.2010 um 20:33 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> Also, since I have no idea what the above means,

The above meant an example of a (TC) shell script. The TeXShop ENGINE
files are shell scripts.

> could you give as an example the complete engine which is in your
> own TeXShop?

This second part of your question does not fully compute. Among my own
ENGINE files are such that allow \write18 or -shell-escape, select
xdv2pdf for xe(la)tex, own latex2* variants, one for hevea, an
experiment with fontinst, others with Sweave, Lilypond, TeX4ht,
ps4pdf. Of particular use are ENGINE files that do quite nothing (just
check particular settings of the environment in which the shell script
executes) or record this environment in files.

You could also start reading here: http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/navigation/index.html#section
=Resource%20Types&topic=Getting%20Started.http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/OSX_Technology_Overview/About/About.html#/
/apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001067 points to a Command Line Primer. And for
shell programming this might be useful: http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/OpenSource/Conceptual/ShellScripting/Introduction/Introduction.html
. (With installing Xcode it's also locally available, for long
evenings in a hut without network access.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

If it dies, it's biology.  If it blows up, it's chemistry. If it
doesn't work, it's physics.
			– University washroom sgraffito