[OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 18:15:05 EDT 2010

On Aug 4, 2010, at 6:05 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 04.08.2010 um 20:33 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> Also, since I have no idea what the above means,
>
> The above meant an example of a (TC) shell script. The TeXShop
> ENGINE files are shell scripts.
>
>> could you give as an example the complete engine which is in your
>> own TeXShop?
>
> This second part of your question does not fully compute. Among my
> own ENGINE files are such that allow \write18 or -shell-escape,
> select xdv2pdf for xe(la)tex, own latex2* variants, one for hevea,
> an experiment with fontinst, others with Sweave, Lilypond, TeX4ht,
> ps4pdf. Of particular use are ENGINE files that do quite nothing
> (just check particular settings of the environment in which the
> shell script executes) or record this environment in files.

I had assumed that

	#!/bin/tcsh -f
	set path=($path <path to executables of your TeX distribution> <path
to where latex2html was installed>)
	latex2html "$1"

was part on an engine you were already using.

> You could also start reading here: http://developer.apple.com/mac/
> library/navigation/index.html#section=Resource%20Types&topic=Getting
> %20Started.http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/
> MacOSX/Conceptual/OSX_Technology_Overview/About/About.html#//
> apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001067 points to a Command Line Primer. And
> for shell programming this might be useful: http://
> developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/OpenSource/Conceptual/
> ShellScripting/Introduction/Introduction.html. (With installing
> Xcode it's also locally available, for long evenings in a hut
> without network access.)

Indeed, I could, but, as you well know, I am running out of time and
so must allocate judiciously what remains.

Grateful regards
--schremmer