[OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Aug 4 18:08:43 EDT 2010

On Aug 4, 2010, at 2:51 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2010, at 5:27 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> First... since latex2rtf and latex2html are not part of a TeX Live distribution (ergo MacTeX) there is no reason to include such and engine.
>
> That's for sure. But then this begs the question: why not?

I'm actually not sure why the programs aren't distributed, but that's one of the reasons I made an Apple installer package for latex2rtf.  I don't use TeXShop, but if someone writes a latex2rtf engine for it, I could try to include it as an optional item in the latex2rtf installer.

Ross and Herb point out that the HTML conversion generally needs custom tweaking, so it's not a good candidate for this sort of thing.