Finding the Wiki (was: Re: [OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter)

Gerrit Glabbart g.glabbart at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 5 12:21:26 EDT 2010

Am 05.08.2010 um 15:20 schrieb Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD:

> It would save everybody on this list time if we altered behavior so that the wiki was a standard first resource and updated that resource as it is found inadequate (which it inevitably is and will be).

I have to confess I tend to forget the wiki exists. Obvious solutions escape me, I'm just weird that way.

What would you say about (slightly) changing the footer for the mailing list to help people like me out? Now it says:

> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

-- The wiki is not even in the top three! How am I ever supposed to find /that/? ;) Also, I realize that "wiki" is right there in the url, but maybe it should say "wiki" to the left of the colon, as well -- it's more specific, i.e. a wiki is a particular kind of website, and it's also what Safari says the site is called once you click on the link. So, how about this?