[OS X TeX] option+I in TS 2.30

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:56:48 EST 2010

On Feb 8, 2010, at 8:34 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> The only objection I have with Schremmer's statement is that the
> keyboard assignment was ``gratuitous'' when some thought and
> consideration when into choosing and asking Dick Koch to make that
> assignment.

1) I had not realized that Schultz had been responsible for the
current keyboard assignment in TeXShop.

2) I duly acknowledge that in the LaTeX world, shortcuts are probably
used a lot more than in more mundane applications which creates a
problem as to what key combination is used for what, given the
sparsity of convenient combinations, particularly given that not all
LaTeX users have the same needs.

3) Being behind and having solved the issue of the Command-i and then
the Command-b for emph and bold in TeXShop---I should have said
"Having had people on this list solve it for me"---and being a mouse
freak, I was not particularly thinking of TeXShop and more of
applications such as the ones I mentioned, Textedit and Intaglio.

4) All of the above notwithstanding, I absolutely and totally agree
with Schultz in deploring my having used the word "gratuitous". That
was indeed absolutely and totally ... gratuitous.

Absolutely and totally apologetic regards
--schremmer