[OS X TeX] Biblatex now part of TeX Live 2009

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Mon Feb 15 19:35:59 EST 2010

On Feb 15, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> If you've been using the experimental biblatex package for creating
> and formatting bibliographies the news is that version 0.9 has come
> out and it is now part of TeX Live 2009 with the latest update via
> tlmgr or TeX Live Utility. Remember to remove any older copies you
> may have around in texmf-local or your personal tree.

Just so that people who don't need to live on the bleeding edge don't
get bitten: the latest version (0.9) of biblatex is not completely
backwards compatible with v 0.8, so if you are currently using 0.8 and
especially if you are using any of the extra styles that have been
contributed by other users, Philip Lehmann strongly recommends that
you wait until those styles have been updated before you update to v 0.9

If you want to try out older documents, then make sure you keep a copy
of your older v 0.8 available (e.g. move it out of your local texmf
tree and then test with 0.9 before actually getting rid of it.)

If you've never used biblatex, then I do highly recommend it, though.

Alan