[OS X TeX] New Macros, new Engines, new TeXShop versions, and all that

Gerrit Glabbart g.glabbart at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:38:25 EST 2010

2010/2/24 Alan Munn <amunn at gmx.com>

> As the person who made the (I hope polite) plea for top posting, I agree
> with both of these sentiments, which is why I won't pursue any debate with
> people who do otherwise. The value of the list is definitely diminished if
> we try to enforce this sort of behaviour by citing the "rules" etc. which
> will piss people off.

And as the person who literally cited (part of) the "rules" (such as they
are) -- it was not my intention to try to enforce anything; my point was
that a) this discussion about the merits of top-posting has occurred once or
twice before, and that b) the "rules", informed by those prior discussions,
are actually quite flexible and pragmatic, advocating that the message be
readable above all else.

And to get back to topic just for a second, I like the proposal to update
the bin, Engine, and Macros folders the way R. Koch has outlined.

-- Gerrit.