[OS X TeX] removal of unneeded languages

Patrick.Wambacq at esat.kuleuven.be Patrick.Wambacq at esat.kuleuven.be
Tue Jan 5 15:25:29 EST 2010

Hi,

I installed TeXlive 2009 last week but could not find a way to install
language support for just the languages that I need. I know that it
can be done using the command install-tl, but this is only available
until after the MacTeX installer has run. And the MacTex installer
installs everything and has no provision to leave out some languages.
I have tried running install-tl after the MacTeX installer has run,
hoping that I could remove unneeded languages but this has led to
problems. The TeXLive utility itself also does not allow to remove
collections that I don't need because they are required by scheme-full
(for instance: tlmgr: not removing collection-documentation-arabic,
needed by scheme-full).

So what is the best way to remove what I don't need? Or to not install
it from the beginning?

Patrick