[OS X TeX] removal of unneeded languages

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Tue Jan 5 15:36:45 EST 2010

Patrick,

What you want to do isn't possible with MacTeX. That is a deliberate choice.

We could add extra buttons to choose a language, or
choose fonts, or choose packages to omit, or choose installation location,
or a host of other things. Each button increases the complexity of installation,
and the chances for error on our part. When MacTeX was made, our assignment
was the opposite. "Make a one click installer."

Apple does the same thing (no coincidence, since we use their installer). When
you install a system, you aren't given many choices. Just click and install.

Dick Koch