[OS X TeX] --shell-escape

Antonio Cosma acosma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:52:36 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Peter Vamos <P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk> wrote:

> At 13:34 +0100 19/7/10, Antonio Cosma wrote:
>
>  I am using Tikz and Gnuplot to produce graphs. I use the default pdflatex
>> engine to typeset.
>> I have TexLive 2009 and Gnuplot 4.2 patch 6.
>> I used the installation suggested by Peter Vamos on this list, and
>> everything works fine (thanks!) by compiling from the command line
>>  pdflatex --shell-escape gnuplot-basics.tex
>>
>> I was wandering wether it is possible to pass the "--shell-escape" option
>> by typesetting with TexShop,
>>

> That is what I do (i.e. write and typeset with TeXShop). No need to do
> anything extra as already remarked by Herb.

Dear all
thanks for you answers. Actually at the beginning I thought I could not
obtain the correct output in TexShop because I wasn't passing the
 "--shell-escape", but a detailed analysis of the log files points to a
different, probably gnuplot related,  problem.
Just in case somebody is a TikZ/gnuplot expert and wants to have fun - but I
don't expect it - I attach the log file obtained with the command line
(gnuplot-basics.command-line.aux) with texshop (gnuplot-basics.texshop) and
the tex file. The two logs coincide up to line 348, then, for some reason I
don't understand, when I compile using TexShop, the *.table files are not
generated.

Thanks again
Antonio