[OS X TeX] copy and paste

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sun Jul 25 15:22:13 EDT 2010

On Jul 25, 2010, at 3:11 PM, Cleo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It is not really a tex subject, but occurs when I´m editing on
> texShop.
>
> If I select and copy a paragraph from a pdf file and then paste into
> texShop,
> the words with ff are broken and the letters ff are not copied.
>
> Example: the word "different" becomes "di
erent".

This depends on a lot of things.  If you copy a word containing a
ligature from Preview, it pastes the ligature itself (i.e. the
combined ffi).  This character may or may not show up in a regular
text file.  It may depend on whether your font has the ligature
characters.  (I use Monaco, and the ligature character shows up
correctly.) What font are you using for your TeXShop source?

If you copy a word from Acrobat or Adobe reader, it will paste the
corresponding non-ligature characters (f, f, and i).  This is a much
better behaviour IMO.

Alan

--
Alan Munn