[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.34

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Jun 4 00:12:31 EDT 2010

Justin,

On Jun 3, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

> A quick note: I just did an update/relaunch for 2.34, and looked at 'Help -> About This Release".  The section on 2.34 Refers to "/Library", not "~/Library" (and FWIW, the directory is given there as "LuaTeX", while on disk, it's "luaTeX").
>
> Forgive the pedantry :-}

The first point is important, the sort of thing that confuses some users. I'll fix it later tonight.

The second point is not fixable and due to OS X. If you are running 2.33 or earlier and upgrade to 2.34, the Inactive folder is rewritten. I checked and that still happens. Unfortunately, I only changed the LuaTeX folder capitalization. The Mac sees that change, knows that it is case insensitive, and so doesn't change it. If you remove the entire Engines folder, you'll see that TeXShop regenerates the folder with the correct capitalization. But don't do that.  Just change the capitalization yourself. TeXShop won't change it back.

Dick