[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop 2.34

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Fri Jun 4 17:08:24 EDT 2010

On 04.06.2010, at 19:41, Juergen Fenn wrote:

> Am 04.06.10 18:35 schrieb George Nurser:
>> On 4 June 2010 16:47, Herbert Schulz
>> <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>>> LuaLaTeX in the upcoming MacTeX(TeX Live)-2010 can use .otf, .ttf,
>>> and .dfont fonts. It can not use .ttc fonts as found under OS X
>>> 10.6 (e.g., Hoefler Text.ttc!).
>
> Thanks, Herbert. That's good to know.
>
>> That's indeed very unfortunate.
>
> Is TTC support in the pipeline?

Only the developers can answer that. But since Fontforge can open open Hoefler Text.ttc and luatex's font handling is based on Fontforge code, this shouldn't be too complicated.

> And one more thing I always wanted to know but did not dare to ask: Is
> there documentation for LuaTeX for users available?

At the moment, there's lots of work going on on several basic packages for LuaLaTeX. They will be part of TeXLive 2010 and will, of course, be properly documented.

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Goethen getroffen. Beeindruckt.“ Unbekannt