[OS X TeX] Change Name of Personal epstopdf-sys.cfg to epstopdf.cfg.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jun 6 08:56:15 EDT 2010

Howdy,

Starting with MacTeX(TeX Live)-2009 the default conversion used by the epstopdf package for inclusion of eps files in pdflatex documents is foo.eps->foo-eps-converted-to.pdf. I always preferred the older behavior foo.eps->foo.pdf and recommended the creation of an epstopdf-sys.cfg file containing

% to get old behavior foo.eps->foo.pdf as well as update,prepend
\epstopdfsetup{verbose,update,prepend,prefersuffix=false,suffix=}

and placing it in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/config/.

Well... please change the name of that file from epstopdf-sys.cfg to epstopdf.cfg which puts it a little bit lower/later in the hierarchy of configuration files used by the epstopdf package and everything still works fine.

I ask you to do this because in MacTeX(TeX Live)-2010 the TeX Distribution's version of the epstopdf-sys.cfg file contains information that may be more important than in previous TeX Live distributions and a personal version would interfere with its operation.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)