[OS X TeX] font issues

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 12:14:42 EDT 2010

Hi.

The hclassic font that comes with my particular installation of MacTeX is broken; it's missing most of the glyphs.  Looking in the psfonts.map file, I see the line
	hclassic TeX-hclassic <hclassic-4.pfb
This leads me to wonder about hclassic.pdf, not to mention hclassic[1-3].pdf, but I digress.

First question: Does anybody has a non-broken hclassic.pdf that I can legally obtain?
Second question: I have the Metafont source hclassic.mf.  Is there some way to create a PFB font from same?

Alternatively: I have the Metafont source hclassic.mf, from which I was able to generate hclassic.tfm, hclassic.600pk and hclassic.1200pk, which I tucked away into my local texmf tree:
	$ kpsewhich hclassic.tfm hclassic.600pk hclassic.1200pk
	/Users/agw/Library/texmf/fonts/tfm/hclassic.tfm
	/Users/agw/Library/texmf/fonts/pk/hclassic.600pk
	/Users/agw/Library/texmf/fonts/pk/hclassic.1200pk
Third Question: What do I need to twiddle to make TeX (and friends) use these the PK versions of the hclassic font?

Many thanks.

Art Werschulz
207 Stoughton Avenue, Cranford  NJ 07016-2838
(908) 272-1146